A convenient, compact, sophisticated and innovative field instrument, the EMAT Wall Thickness gauge NKD - 019E «UltraSonic» can be used to measure the thickness of components, pipes, vessels and other metal objects - easily and precisely.
The gauge enables measurements to be taken at a vast range of surface temperatures, going from -20 to +720 degrees Celsius. As a rule, a plastic coatings, paint or limescale on the surface do not affect the results of measurements.
The unique properties of this gauge are caused by the clever use of the principle of electromagnetic-acoustic transduction (EMAT), allowing ultrasonic waves to be generated and received by metal objects without direct contact or the use of couplant. In fact, the gap between the material being tested and the electromagnetic acoustic transducer in the gauge can be as high as 4mm!
- Intuitive, easy-to-use interface;
- Able to measure objects with an extremely high surface
temperature (up to 720 °С);
- Able to transmit and receive ultrasound waves without
the use of a couplant and at a distance of up to 4mm;
- Objects with insulation covers, corrosion or a rough surface
can be tested non-destructively;
- Wave speed is automatically optimized to a test object`s temperature;
- Measurements can be recorded for future evaluation.