EMATEST-WSP Scarfing Quality Monitoring System based on a state-of-the art EMAT NDT technology performs in-line inspecting of quality of the scarfed surface and detecting of situation when the cutting ring is worn-out or broken.
Knowledge about the scarfing quality is an important issue regarding the tolerances, which categorize good, or bad scarfing.
In many pipe mills, the first point at which the operator can observe scarfing quality is after the cut-off. This may result in large amounts of scrap, or expensive rework of the pipes.
- No mechanical parts inside the tube;
- Contactless – can work in the hot area;
- No liquid column coupling is required;
- Optional weld seam NDT inspection;
- Optional out of tolerance marking of the tube.